You know, I kinda like that title. I might have to make it a thing. Lord knows there’s enough material out there for that.
So, at work, someone ordered pizza and, after placing the order, had a question on whether they charged for delivery. Their menu was unclear, so we went to their website. Here’s what I found:
- It was built entirely in Flash (last “copyright date” is 2008).
- With an animated intro.
- And music that plays automatically.
- It also had a menu in the shape of a pizza, using a picture of a pie, complete with hovers and rollovers.
- But there was no search function.
- It did have an “order online” option, but that redirected us to a separate site that looked like one of those “thisdomain.com is available” pages, and that had a list of sub-menus with no way to do an intelligent search.
It was at this point I gave up, and we called the place. They have a $2 delivery charge.